GUJARAT INSTITUTE OF DEVELOPMENT RESEARCH
Near Gota Flyover, Gota, Ahmedabad 380 060
Tel No. 2717-242366/67/68
ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships for the year 2018-2019 in Economics
The Gujarat Institute of Development Research (GIDR), a premier social science research institute recognized by the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) and supported by both the ICSSR and Government of Gujarat and affiliated with Maharaja Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar, seeks application from the eligible candidates for the two ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships in Economics for the year 2018-19. These fellowships will be sponsored by ICSSR for two years.
Following are the eligibility criteria:
- Candidates with minimum 50% marks in graduation and 55% in post graduate degree in Economics are eligible to apply. Five per cent (5%) relaxation of marks will be given to SC/ST candidates.
- The candidates should have qualified in UGC-NET/Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET)/M.Phil or the Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET) conducted by Maharaja Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar. The candidate should not be more than 40 years of age on the last date of application. There shall be an age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates;
- Candidates who have already availed of UGC Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)/Rajiv Gandhi Doctoral Fellowship (RGDF)/Maulana Azad Doctoral Fellowship (MADF) and such other Bodies are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have already passed GSET/UGC- NET/PET within past two years (not before October 2016) shall be eligible for exemption from PET.
- The selection process will include two stages. In the first stage, eligible candidates will be short-listed based on their bio-data and research proposal provided in the prescribed application form.
- In the second stage, only those short-listed candidates will be called for a test followed by a personal interview at GIDR. No TA/DA shall be admissible to the candidates called for written test and interview.
Value and Duration:
- The selected scholars will have to be registered with Maharaja Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar.
- The scholar has to join GIDR on the date stipulated for the Ph.D. programme.
- The fellowship will commence from the date of registration as a Ph.D. scholar with the MKBU.
- The Ph.D. scholars will be paid a fellowship amount of Rs.16,000/- (Rupees sixteen thousand only) per month plus Rs.15,000/- (Rupees fifteen thousand only) per annum as contingency grant.
- ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship is a full-time research work; hence, any other professional engagement during the two-year tenure of fellowship may lead to cancellation of Ph.D. candidature.
Please click here to download the prescribed application form for the award of ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships at GIDR in Economics for the year 2018-19. Completed application forms should be addressed to the Director, Gujarat Institute of Development Research, Near Gota Flyover, Gota, Ahmedabad 380 060 and should reach GIDR on or before September 30, 2018. The envelope needs to superscribe “Application for ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship 2018-2019”. A soft copy of the duly completed application form along with scanned copies of the enclosures should also be submitted before 5.00 p.m. on September 30, 2018, to email@example.com.
The Institute reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason thereof. The Institute cannot be held responsible for any postal loss/delays in communications. The fellowship will be guided by the rules and regulations of ICSSR.